Blueyonder PC Guard

Hetti 17:16 27 Sep 05

Has anyone any knowledge of the Blueyonder PC Guard? as a customer I have had an email offering the complete security package free (to all blueyonder customers).
It has Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, firewall, parental control,pop up and ad blocker, and a privacy guard.
I have AVG, Zone alarm, crap cleaner and Microsoft antispy ware on my PC now, I was wanting to know if Blueyonders will be as effective as the software I have already?
Thought it would be better if I could get one programme to do the the same job as the four I use now.

big bloke66 22:12 27 Sep 05

Is this any help.click here

Dekka123 00:00 28 Sep 05

I have installed PC Guard from telewest and its great so far. I uninstalled Zone Alarm and AVG but kept Ccleaner, Adaware, Spybot and Spyware blaster. Ive had no trouble so far

Hetti 17:32 29 Sep 05

Thanks I have read all the information via the links, Im going to leave things as they are for the moment as I have not had any problems with what I use now.

1832bchs 00:01 30 Sep 05

After I installed this it completely blocked the computers on my lan, inspite of saying they were all allowed. Not configureable enough.

Zaphod Beeblebrox 02:09 30 Sep 05

Blueyonder do state it does not support networks even if you dont use the firewall it is still a usefull little tool

Splodge 18:41 30 Sep 05

Although none of you appear to have had trouble.. I have.
I installed according to instructions, removed Zone Alarm and Adaware, however, I began to crash, usually when unattended. As a result some films I had programmed InterVideo to record, late at night, failed to operate.

Because I have a very complicated set-up, I had some problems removing Blueyonder... one dll refused to delete, and even though I used notepad to remove in bits, it would not save the blank page.

In the end I used "System Restore" of 1st September to remove it by reverting to then. I did have to re-install some new programs and update others, some unexpectedly. The situation has not re-occurred!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac