Blueyonder email problem

Charlie Babbage 11:31 21 Apr 06

My friend has a Blueyonder (BY) broadband internet connection which is received via a Surfboard SB 4100 Cable Modem. When you go onto the internet via Internet Explorer, the BY page loads without needing to click on any 'Connect To' dialog box. IE version 5.50 is installed. There is no problem with IE.

The problem occurs using Outlook Express (OE) v. 5.50. When OE was first opened this morning, several messages were downloaded without needing to click on the 'Send / Receive' button. However, I have now sent a new test email which is not downloading. When I click on the 'Send / Receive' button I get a dialog box 'You are currently working offline. Would you like to go online now?' I don't know why this box is appearring as I'm already online!

Anyway I click on 'Yes' and another dialog box appears which states 'No connection to the internet is currently available. To view internet content that has been saved on your computer click 'Work Offline'. Click Try Again to attempt to connect' When I click 'Try Again', it looks as if it is dowmnloading as it states 'Connecting pop3.blueyonder.co.uk Authorizing'. Eventually, a 'timeout' occurs.

I have tried contacting BY by email but cannot get a reply from them so any help given would be much appreciated

remind 13:09 21 Apr 06

Go through the steps required to set up a new connection as if you'd just installed or upgraded Internet Explorer. Tools/Options/Connections, click Setup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…