Blueyonder dying on its feet???

concretepigsy 21:49 07 Mar 03

For the past week Blueyonder broadband's service is getting slower and slower and now has ground to a complete stop. Currently the internet is sort of working but email has died again!!!

Tech support said its down to a dictionary spammer.
Any ideas of what this is and what i can do about it??

thanks in advance

VoG™ 21:52 07 Mar 03

My internet access is fine, no problem whatsoever.

E-mail appears to have gone down so apologies to anybody that might have tried to contact me (as if!).

concretepigsy 21:55 07 Mar 03

Hi Vog

wheni click on a link or open IE6 it takes 30 seconds or so to connect then its fine

is this right???

AndyJ 21:56 07 Mar 03

I haven't had any problems. Is it a regional thing?

concretepigsy 21:59 07 Mar 03

no andy according to the newsgroups its a national problem but its doing my head in!!!!!

VoG™ 22:01 07 Mar 03

No problem here - it is "instant" (1 Mb/s).

armageddon_outta_here 22:02 07 Mar 03

Fine here. look at the status page on blueyonder.

bigmitts 22:08 07 Mar 03

Internet is running at normal speed but E mail very iffy

armageddon_outta_here 07:56 08 Mar 03

I must confess, I don't think use blueyonder email much becuase I don't fully understand the settings.

bremner 08:18 08 Mar 03

On the Blueyonder status page the only problem with connectivity yesterday was shown in the Liverpool area. If that is your area concretepigsy then that explains your problem. If you do not come under that area I suggest you contact Blueyonder.

concretepigsy 10:38 08 Mar 03

thanks guys but the blueyonder support newsgroup says its a national thing and i still dont know what a dictionary spammer is!!!!

mind you service seems better this morning

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…