Blueyonder Customers-Security software available.

dagwoood 20:10 22 Aug 05

A complete security package for Blueyonder customers has(finally)been released. It includes Anti-virus, Firewall, Anti-Spyware, Pop-up blocker, Parental Control and Privacy Manager software.

More info and download link is available here click here

As far as I can tell, it's free for all Blueyonder customers. Those with the Blueyonder basic package will be able to use all the features of this s/w until the end of the year.

Happy Soul 20:38 22 Aug 05

Thanks dagwoood, I think I'll give it a try.

Happy Soul 20:38 22 Aug 05

Thanks dagwoood, I think I'll give it a try.

Joe R 21:09 22 Aug 05

dagwoood,

thank you. Blueyonder seem to be on a "keep our customers happy drive" just now.

No complaints though. ( 1Mb to 4Mb )free upgrade, in the next couple of weeks.

I may give it a try one day, though I feel that people should know, the following statement, is taken from the Blueyonder link. "PCguard is fully compatible with Windows XP. Use of other operating systems may result in certain features of PCguard not fully functioning".

dagwoood 22:02 22 Aug 05

I'm waiting(impatiently!)for my connection to be upgraded to 10meg :)

As to Telewest keeping customers happy at the moment, this security package was announced months ago and I think it's a case of pure luck that they've announced speed upgrades and shortly after release PCGuard.

I've installed PCGuard and going by first impressions, I'm quite impressed. It's obviously been designed with total beginners in mind as it's easy to set up, and once it is set up it should look after itself as it auto-updates and also provides real time spyware scanning. It found something both Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware missed.

I'll see over the next few days/weeks if it causes any problems with my system and give everyone the heads up if I run into any anomalys.

Happy Soul 23:15 22 Aug 05

So far so good dagwoood, as above except I'll only be getting the 4meg. :(

dagwoood 09:57 23 Aug 05

No problems so far.

Bump for those that missed this yesterday.

dagwoood 02:13 25 Aug 05

I'm affraid I spoke too soon :(

For some reason my shutdown/restart times took 30 seconds, as opposed to 10 seconds prior to installing PCguard. I've also found that it has a problem running a Java app on a site I use, but on other sites Java runs fine.

I've also found that page loading on certain sites was a lot slower when compared to pre PCguard was installed.

HTH, dagwoood.

cress 21:46 27 Sep 05

i recently switched from norton av to pcguard and it appears to have caused considerable problems,emails can't be accessed unless i go via the help page and search results are un-openable.if anyone else finds a fix for this please,please, post it as blueyonder don't seem to have a clue.
cress

De Marcus™ 21:51 27 Sep 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…