Blueyonder Broadband

Craig-289433 08:45 16 Jun 03

If have recently upgraded my motherboard to the Asus A7N8X, my broadband connection, connected by USB worked fine, until I updated the drivers for the two onboard LAN ports, now I can't get any connection at all.

Is there any way to resolve this, or would it be better to connect the modem using a ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports.

I have disabled the two LAN port connections under network connections, leaving the USB connection as the only one but still no joy.

Brian-336451 08:55 16 Jun 03

Its just possible that turning off the power/unplugging the cable modem (I mean the power lead not the data cable) will 'reset' the modem.

nyleridedog 08:57 16 Jun 03

Ethernet is more reliable, as usb can have problems.
as usb is fussy

Brian-336451 09:02 16 Jun 03

Rollback the LAN drivers in Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager then click the network adapters.

There is an option to rollback the drivers, failing that uninstall them and let the computer 'discover' them again on startup.

fitshase 09:44 16 Jun 03

If you connect your cable modem with an Ethernet cable, you will need to register the MAC address of the network card it is connected to with Blueyonder.

- Go to click here

- Login using your user name and password

- Click on Your Network Interface MAC Address

- Enter the MAC address of your network card in the box and click Add.

That should sort it out.

Regards

Fitshase

Craig-289433 10:13 16 Jun 03

I have uninstalled the two LAN ports in Device manager and the computer finds them again, when it restarts. The USB connection worked fine, until windows XP actually discovered the drivers for these two ports.

Registering my mac address is not a problem as can do this through the TV box, so it looks like an ethernet connection will be best.

The USB connection seems to fail as soon as the LAN ports are correctly installed with their own drivers. Even happens when windows XP has been reinstalled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…