blueyonder broadband

TMAn266 17:17 04 Oct 03

does anyone have telewest blueyonder broadband which they have linked to a cable modem router

bremner 17:33 04 Oct 03

yes

Gios 17:45 04 Oct 03

Yes! Why have you got a problem?

stoner 18:53 04 Oct 03

Yes!, why, have you got a problem?
Mine runs fine!

Gios 20:19 04 Oct 03

He must have a problem!.

He can't get back to us.

Sir Radfordin 20:33 04 Oct 03

Worked fine once they had sorted themselves out and realised that my cable modem wasn't for a dial up account!

You need to register the MAC address off the router via SelfCare.

Peverelli 00:45 05 Oct 03

Sometimes it won't work and I have to unplug it for about 10 seconds and then, after plugging it back in, it seems to reset itself and works fine afterwards. I once had to uninstall and then reinstall it to get it to work.

Clutching at straws here until you tell us why you're asking :O)

VoG II 00:49 05 Oct 03

I have blueyonder but what is a cable modem router?

Should I be worried?

Sir Radfordin 01:09 05 Oct 03

You can worry if you want to ;)

A router is similar to a hub in that it will allow you to network more than one computer using CAT5 cable. A router however is different to a hub in that you can plug a cable modem into one port that will then share that modem with all the computers plugged into the router. The modem is not connected to any one PC. Its similar to Internet Connection Sharing in Windows just better.

Some routers will have the cable modem built in -though thats more the case with ADSL Modem Routers.

If you only have one computer to connect to the cable modem you won't need a router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…