Blueyonder anti-virus - most annoying!

johnlecarre 13:07 10 May 04

Blueyonder proudly announced some weeks ago that they have new anti-virus software on their mail server - since then I get 3 or 4 notifications every day, sometimes 10 a day, of an infected e-mail plus a link to read the cleaned attachment, invariably the link fails. All this is such a waste of time and dispite a number of complaints to their tech support they don't seem to want to stop doing it. I run 'iHate Spam' so these notifications are deleted, I have tried bouncing them too - as I said it is such a waste of time.They say they have always had anti-virus software on the server so the number of spam e-mails hasn't increased it is just that now they notify me - but I don't want to be notified and they won't stop. Any suggestions what else I can do?

Cook2 20:38 10 May 04

Yep, good ol' Blueyonder, more anti-virus notifications from them than I get Spam.

Mailwasher and Blacklist. Outlook and as to junk-mail.

Bliss!!! (:)

jstaunton 21:15 08 Jul 04

what is the answer to this, i am also cheesed off with blueyonders improved system. any ideas how to stop these notifiers

Gaz 25 21:22 08 Jul 04

Phone them - ask them to disable.

They are pointless.

Cook2 21:23 08 Jul 04

I now use this click here which I prefer to MailWasher.

When you first use it check the Quarantine and Junk Mail folders daily, to make sure it hasn't blocked someone you want e-mails from, then check weekly. Just click on allow sender and move to Inbox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…