Blueyonder anti-virus - most annoying!

johnlecarre 13:07 10 May 04

Blueyonder proudly announced some weeks ago that they have new anti-virus software on their mail server - since then I get 3 or 4 notifications every day, sometimes 10 a day, of an infected e-mail plus a link to read the cleaned attachment, invariably the link fails. All this is such a waste of time and dispite a number of complaints to their tech support they don't seem to want to stop doing it. I run 'iHate Spam' so these notifications are deleted, I have tried bouncing them too - as I said it is such a waste of time.They say they have always had anti-virus software on the server so the number of spam e-mails hasn't increased it is just that now they notify me - but I don't want to be notified and they won't stop. Any suggestions what else I can do?

Cook2 20:38 10 May 04

Yep, good ol' Blueyonder, more anti-virus notifications from them than I get Spam.

Mailwasher and Blacklist. Outlook and as to junk-mail.

Bliss!!! (:)

jstaunton 21:15 08 Jul 04

what is the answer to this, i am also cheesed off with blueyonders improved system. any ideas how to stop these notifiers

Gaz 25 21:22 08 Jul 04

Phone them - ask them to disable.

They are pointless.

Cook2 21:23 08 Jul 04

I now use this click here which I prefer to MailWasher.

When you first use it check the Quarantine and Junk Mail folders daily, to make sure it hasn't blocked someone you want e-mails from, then check weekly. Just click on allow sender and move to Inbox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac