Bluetooth!..........help!

sorefingers 22:30 03 Aug 04

I was advised to go for Bluetooth...do away with all those silly wires etc. Well, I thought I'd start with my mobile phone (GX15), type all the information onto my pc, then "bluetooth" it all across to my mob...sounded really cool.
Not so!...the pc and mob have made some sort of contact...but the instructions given with each item leave a lot to be desired...
Here's what I've done so far.
Loaded the software onto pc - inserted the bluetooth usb adapter when requested then rebooted - the Bth icons are now in place on the desktop and taskbar.
When I run the Bth setup wizard, I'm asked which environment I want to set up? (choice of 4.
I choose the Specific device.
It then "discovers" my mob and opens a window referring to "pairing" and to input a pin code?

Thats as far as I can get...I can't find any pincode

Help!

temp003 04:53 04 Aug 04

The pin code is any set of numbers you want (a lot of people are stumped on that). You just need to enter the same code on both bluetooth devices, e.g. 0000, 1234.

With bluetooth enabled both on your PC and on the phone, once you're asked to enter the pin code (on either device), just enter it. The other device should then respond and ask you to enter the pin code. Do it, and proceed from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…