Bluetooth and XP SR2

Carbonara 10:35 21 Dec 05

I have never been able to use my Belkin F8T003 ver2 Bluetooth Dongle. Computer insists that no Bluetooth device is connected.

Finally consulted Belkin webpage where it states that XP SP2 will install MS driver which will not allow the Belkin to run, suggested workaround was to download Belkin driver.

Downloaded and unzipped but when trying to install get message "Bluetooth Software license file not found [2]" Install Wizard then shuts down. Any idea where to get these 'Software license files'? Belkin have not yet responded.

mgmcc 11:46 21 Dec 05

My experience was that, after installing SP2 (which implements native support for Bluetooth in Windows XP), I had to remove the third-party Bluetooth software and use only the Windows' software. This works fine with the two Bluetooth adapters I have, although neither is a Belkin device. The software supplied with the adapters just caused a conflict with Windows' drivers.

Carbonara 11:50 21 Dec 05

I have a feeling that I will have to get a non-Belkin dongle. Thanks for the comment.

Klof Ron 13:19 21 Dec 05

Try this first click here

Carbonara 14:05 21 Dec 05

Thanks for that, finally got it working by uninstalling the original software and installing Belkin download, working OK now!

Carbonara 14:07 21 Dec 05

PS License file was in amongst the other downloaded files, copied it to the Desktop (not sure that that did anything, but it did install!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5