BLUETOOTH WOES

brokencolours 17:13 14 Sep 09

Hi guys,

Got a problem with Blue-tooth,

I own a HP Pavilion dv5 with Vista Home Premium.
I have disabled pretty much everything I don't need except one thing, Blue-tooth.

As far as I can tell I have removed everything relating to Blue-tooth and my wireless adapter. I have disabled the device drivers and un-installed the Atheros wireless Driver package. Yet for some strange reason, every now and again Blue-tooth will chime in regardless of the fact that it shouldn't be working. Because of this my computer becomes sluggish and unresponsive.

When I check my device manager when Blue-tooth is active I get a Blue-tooth icon and underneath HP Integrated Module with Blue-tooth and Microsoft Blue-tooth Enumerator.

I have found that when I un-install the HP integrated driver I get a message when I restart my computer regarding the installation of Blue-tooth Peripherals of which I have none.

Even though I have removed everything I can think of relating to Blue-tooth and wireless, disabled and un-installed devices in device manager, I still cant get rid of Blue-tooth!

Dose anyone have any ideas on how I can get rid of this pest?

mgmcc 08:21 15 Sep 09

As the laptop appears to have a built-in Bluetooth adapter, if you uninstall it, Windows will "find new hardware" when you reboot and reinstall it. Only if you can physically remove the Bluetooth adapter, which is unlikely, will you be able to prevent this from happening.

>>> I get a message when I restart my computer
>>> regarding the installation of Blue-tooth
>>> Peripherals of which I have none.

The built-in Bluetooth adapter is the "peripheral" that is being (re)installed.

The Tetrahedron 12:53 15 Sep 09

Hi mgmcc,

Cheers for the reply, I had a feeling it may something like that.

What's bizarre though is that Blue-tooth isn't always on. It seems to switch itself on every couple of months, then after a week or so, it switches itself off regardless of what I do.

I can disable the drivers, which means I don't get the error message at start up. However Blue-tooth still remains on and its only when I un-install the drivers that I get the error message. But like you said this is probably because the Blue-tooth adapter is being reinstalled.

There doesn't seem to be away, bar removing the adapter itself, to permanently disable this device.

The Tetrahedron 12:55 15 Sep 09

P.S, I have changed my name, so don't worry, your not talking to two different people.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…