//some 3rd party need geo

Bluetooth whats it all about

MIKE 15:18 17 Jan 04

I am in the process of building a PC and the thought of Bluetooth never crossed my mind. Just after I had ordered the parts my son said I hope it has got Bluetooth. I know what Bluetooth is,but.
A/ How is it installed on a PC.
B/ Is it too late to install now.
c/ What do I need to buy.

Kitz E Kat 16:22 17 Jan 04

Unless i am mistaken , often am!!! , it's kinda simple...

I have a bluetooth adaptor, its USB and that is about it!!!!!!

Plug it in and , with a little configuration , your in business!!!

ton 17:20 17 Jan 04

I have same as Kitz E Kat above. USB to Bluetooth adapter, £18-99 from Ebuyer.
Install the drivers, plug it in and away you go.
Works with no problem.

Forum Editor 17:33 17 Jan 04

If you turn over the latest edition of the magazine you'll see a free copy of Go Digital, and inside you'll see a feature by yours truly - all about Bluetooth.

It's basically a short-range wireless technology that allows two bluetooth devices (a Bluetooth hub and a mobile phone for instance) to 'pair' and communicate in their own dedicated channel. It's been rumbling around on the horizon for ages, but it's finally come out into the sunshine, and I can vouch for the fact that it works really well.

You'll see more and more people driving around with a little blue light blinking at their ear - it's a Bluetooth headset that's doing the blinking and hundreds of thousands of them have been sold since the new legislation about using mobiles in the car came into force.

Logitech have an absolute dream of a wireless Bluetooth keyboard and mouse on the market - the only drawback being the £140+ cost, but there are lots of other devices around, and there'll be a lot more soon.

Kitz E Kat 18:07 17 Jan 04

No harm in pluggin yourself, i do it all the time :-)

Yeah i use it for my mobile to upload pictures from it, ablolutely brill, i just found it a bit *glitchy* to set it up , but once done , no problems...

Mango Grummit 18:50 17 Jan 04

To be fair: it was a good and comprehensive article FE.

It certainly confirmed my thoughts about the potential usefulness Bluetooth would have for me. Thanks.

Forum Editor 19:57 17 Jan 04

Thank you very much.

MIKE 20:51 17 Jan 04

As always what a great bunch of helpers, many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…