Bluetooth USB Mini

happyhotspur 12:35 22 Nov 10

I installed a mini USB bluetooth dongle to link my laptop to my bluetooth enabled mobile phone, but the laptop tells me I have installed a CSR bluetooth radio which I havn't and then gives an error message:- Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).

Anybody know what is wrong, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it keeps saying it is a bluetooth radio?

Ashrich 16:44 22 Nov 10

That's what Windows calls a bluetooth dongle , after all it broadcasts on a radio frequency . CSR stands for Cambridge Silicon Radio , the makers of the dongle .

What operating system are you using , and have you made sure that you have the correct drivers for that operating system ?

Ashley

happyhotspur 17:19 22 Nov 10

I am using windows 7 professional, and I have checked the drivers and its says I have the correct driver for the product, but it will not pick up any bluetooth equipment. I have tried to connect my sat nav via bluetooth but this too will not work.

Ashrich 19:37 23 Nov 10

Reading further about this problem , it may be a driver or other problem with USB ports and the way they report that a device is attached .

I found 2 possible solutions , although I cannot promise either will work , but it is worth trying .

First , go into device manager and delete/uninstall all USB ports from the laptop and reboot , after unplugging anything that is plugged in to them . Reboot the system , let Windows re-find them and load or download the drivers , then re-attach the devices one by one .

Or second , shut down laptop , remove power supply , remove battery and either leave for about 15 minutes and/or press power in ( and hold it in ) for about 30 seconds to discharge the capacitors for the USB ports . Re-attach battery and power supply and boot up into Windows and try reattaching any USB devices .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…