Bluetooth USB 2 stick

herc182 18:52 21 Dec 04

Dear all,

am looking for a Bluetooth USB stick that is USB 2 compatible. have had a look around and i can only find usb 1.1. anyone know where i can get one?

thanks

herc182 21:28 21 Dec 04

bump :)

dan 11 22:46 21 Dec 04

Are you looking for a bluetooth class 2 usb dongle click here

These should work in a usb 1.1 fine. Or have you found a faster one requiring a usb 2.0 connection?

no way 23:23 21 Dec 04

Anything that is USB 1.1 is compatible in USB 2.0 connections. If I were you I'd go for the 1.1 bluetooth connector rather than continue looking for a 2.0

herc182 22:13 22 Dec 04

i want a usb 2 connection since it will be quicker to download/connect to my computer.

thanks

dan 11 17:20 23 Dec 04

"Many people incorrectly think of Bluetooth as an alternative to wireless LAN (the 802.11 family). This is not the case – Bluetooth is about linking devices with low bitrate requirements within a very short range. Bluetooth is more like a “Wireless USB”." click here

"Data Transfer rate : 1.0Mbps(Max) " click here

I don't think they make them to usb 2.0 standard, for the simple reason of they have a very low transfer rate. The same goes for Ir.Maybe thats why they are quoted as usb 1.1

As no way says, they will of course work in any usb 2.0 port.

herc182 12:58 24 Dec 04

ok thank you dan11. i just want to hook up my phone so i can send photos to my computer via bluetooth.

will look on!

cheers

Irishman 14:19 24 Dec 04

The files that you would send from your phone to your PC or vice versa are so small that there would be no advantage in using USB2. You simply won't notice the difference (if any) in speed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…