Bluetooth on T610

Dirk Diggler 10:55 02 Oct 05

I am trying to send some pics and messages from my late dad that are stored on my T610.

I have a bluetooth USB "dongle" installed on my PC and I can send a picture from PC to phone okay

However, everytime I try and send from phone to PC it says "Bluetooth connection failed" I have turned on discovery in the bluetooth options and my it clearly shows my phone and says it is connected.

What could I be missing?

I did notice that when I got into My Devices on the phone and select PC001 (My PC) it only has 3 options

1) Rename (Self explanatory)
2) Delete (Likewise)
3) Service List - which when I go into says "No local services found"

There is no option such as "Browse Files" etc.

Also, when I click on "My Bluetooth Places" on the PC nothing happens!

Hope there is enough information for someone to point me in the right direction and thereby save my sanity!

Thalmus 12:17 02 Oct 05

If you are using XP SP2 then it comes with its own bluetooth driver that windows will use instead of the one that came with your dongle because it is digitaly signed.

Goto Device manager, right click your bluetooth device and select update driver. Click on "install from list...." then click "don't search i will choose". In the box that appears select the driver that came with your dongle (It will be the one thats not digitaly signed)

brambles 21:23 03 Oct 05

Have you downloaded the SonyEriccson Software Suite that came with the T610

Brambles

Dirk Diggler 22:04 03 Oct 05

Thanks to all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…