Bluetooth speaker doesn't work with laptop

ITBuffoon 17:28 31 May 16

I have recently bought a Bluetooth Tower Speaker which is not working with my laptop. I have a Fujitsu AH531 Lifebook running Windows 7. It pairs and plays with my Motorola Android Smart Phone fine.

The speaker seems to find my laptop (it beeps when recognising it), and I've added the device, but whatever I do with my laptop, I cannot get any sound from the speaker. The connection actually fails, and I can't get any sound.

The manufacturers have told me the speaker only works with Bluetooth 2.0. The original spec of the laptop was Bluetooth 1, but according to Device Manager, I've updated to Bluetooth 3.0. The manufacturers don't seem to have much idea at the moment.

Any ideas appreciated! PS Can I upload screen prints or do I have to link via a url?

difarn 22:32 31 May 16

When you say that you have added the device do you mean that you have set the default audio playback device to the bluetooth speaker?

start - control panel - sound and hardware - sound

ITBuffoon 14:52 01 Jun 16

Thanks for your reply. When I mean is that I have added the speaker by adding a device through the control panel. The speaker appears in Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers > Devices, along with my wireless mouse.

I haven't..

set the default audio playback device to the bluetooth speaker.

I don't know how to do that. Hope that helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…