Bluetooth and Sony Ericsson problems

Bob Bob™ 23:21 04 Jul 07

I am having problems getting my Sony Ericsson K800i to talk to each other.

The over complicated Sony software I have for the phone says I need to ensure that COM serial ports are the same. But when I eventually find how to change these it says via the windows way 'Access Denied' and when I press the COM tab via the Phone Monitor Options part of the the Sony E software I have I get a DEP warning saying something about a DLL running as a program.

When I change the settings for the DEP and I press the COM tab the Phone Monitor Options window closes.

I have no clue how to fix it. Any ideas at all?

Thanks

PS: Im running Windows XP Media Center

FatboySlim71 23:38 04 Jul 07

What exactly are you wanting to/or trying to do with the phones. I own the exact same model and have never had any problems with bluetooth and communicating with other phones via this method.

FatboySlim71 23:51 04 Jul 07

If you are having trouble with the phones communicating with each other it may be that the phones visibility is set to hide phone, if it is and you are searching for or trying to send something to the other phone via bluetooth then you will not be able to as the phone will not be able to find the other phone as its invisibly, to check if the phone's visibility is set to hide phone, go into the settings menu/ move the joystick to the right until you are on the connectivity option/ select bluetooth/ select visibility and check to see if its set on to hide phone, if it is set it on to show phone and see if it makes any difference.

Also you will need to pair the phones up, this basically means that your phone knows the other phone and can communicate more easily with it, to do this you need to go into the settings menu/ move the joystick right until you are on the connectivity option/ select bluetooth/ my devices/ new device.

Bob Bob™ 23:52 04 Jul 07

Sorry, major misprint by me

The first line should read
'I am having problems getting my Sony Ericsson K800i and PC to talk to each other.'

FatboySlim71 09:20 05 Jul 07

I have a Belkin Bluetooth dongle for my PC, with this I got a CD which contained the software for it. If my memory serves me right, I just installed this software and I could then send files etc from the PC to the phone and vice versa. Just make sure that your phone's visibility is set to show phone and also with my bluetooth dongle software, there is a little bluetooth symbol that is shown next to the clock at the bottom right hand side of the screen. When I am wanting to send a file etc to the phone from the PC or vice versa, I need to right click on this symbol and I then either choose "SEND A FILE, (THIS WILL SEND A FILE FROM MY PC TO MY PHONE)" or I choose "RECEIVE A FILE, (THIS WILL ALLOW MY PHONE TO BE ABLE TO SEND A FILE TO MY PC)".

Also with my bluetooth dongle software, there is a feature which is shown if I right click on the bluetooth symbol/open bluetooth settings then click on the options tab, called DISCOVERY, this box needs to be ticked so that the PC will be visibly to the phone so that the phone will then be able to send a file to it.

Al94 09:38 05 Jul 07

Try downloading Myphoneexplorer from here click here It is free and far superior to Sony Ericsson software. It was a doddle setting up my K800i using this

FatboySlim71 11:59 05 Jul 07

I have just downloaded the software from Al94 link and it is an excellent little program. Thanks Al94 for the link to this useful program.

Al94 12:15 05 Jul 07

You're welcome, my son recommended it to me after I struggled with the S E prog. I think it is fantastic.

monkeyboy21 12:27 05 Jul 07

Thanks for the link - had loads of problems with my se software and syncing with pc, cheers

Al94 00:10 06 Jul 07

> for anyone else interested

Gongoozler 06:59 06 Jul 07

Al94, I just installed Myphoneexplorer to try it with my SE K750i. I have established connection with my USB Bluetooth dongle via the dongle BlueSoleil software, but nothing I've tried will get Myphoneexplorer to connect. Can you suggest what I might be doing wrong?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…