Bluetooth shambles

johngie 16:10 20 Nov 05

I've bought a Belkin Bluetooth dongle to enable me to connect to a Nokia 6230i phone, using Nokia PC Suite or similar software. The whole setup seemed shambolic in WinXP SP2, since the instructions that came with the dongle were not accurate; however I did get it connected eventually. PC Suite is installed. What happens now is that when I enable BT on the phone, it invites me to connect which I do and PC Suite can access the phone. However, My Bluetooth Places says I am NOT connected to PC Suite, even though PC Suite is talking to the phone! I wanted to try Oxygen Phone Manager, so installed the trial version and set it up to communicate with the phone using the same parameters as PC Suite. It won't connect - I assume that's because My BT Places says it's not connected.

What a shambles. Is all BT like this? I wish I'd bought a cable :-
Any help or clues would be greatly appreciated!

John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple