Bluetooth problems !

ooermrs 18:52 05 Jun 07

I've plugged in my WINDIGO bluetooth dongle, the computers found it and the drivers for it and says your hardware is installed and ready to use. No icon appears in the toolbar and when i go into bluetooth file sharing wizard it says that no device is detected though my phone is enabled. Nothing apears in the control panel or in the show all connections. Tried start, run,bthprops.cpl but nothing appears there either !! I'm running XP SP2. Anybody got any ideas ??

Devil Fish 19:14 05 Jun 07

1st you need to detect the device in this case your phone you then need to pair them before you can transfer files

ooermrs 19:32 05 Jun 07

Thanks Devil Fish, how would you do that ? I've tried sending from my computer to the phone and it says windows cant find a bluetooth device. Likewise, the phone doesn't find the computer. I can bluetooth things from one phone to another so its not the phone.

Technotiger 19:53 05 Jun 07

Hi, I also use bluetooth to connect my Nokia to PC, but I have Nokia PC Suite, so perhaps you too need PC software for your phone.

Devil Fish 19:56 05 Jun 07

maybe windows firewall i assume you are using xp try temporarily dropping the firewall on your bluetooth connection see what you get

Technotiger 20:00 05 Jun 07

I don't think you will get anywhere without PC software for your phone.

ooermrs 20:45 05 Jun 07

Thanks again Devil Fish, still no luck i'm afraid. Thank you Technotiger, tried nokia pc suit, still comes up as no devices connected. Tried XTND connect blue manager, it found the phone and started transferring files then the computer shutdown. Upon restart it said it recovered from a driver error !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…