Bluetooth problem

TomG 19:17 07 Nov 03

I've installed a belkin bluetooth adapter and its ok except when I dial up to the internet the computer (XP Home) reboots.
If I uninstall the adapter I can dial up OK.

Any suggestions please?

asw 11:24 12 Nov 03

I had a usb blootooth adapter on my last Dell laptop. Took me a while to sort the gremlims out. I had similar problems, having to unplug/plug the adapter before my Nokia phone would connect or before ActiveSync would connect via bluetooth with my Compaq iPaq. I can't be sure it was the cure but reinstalling the driver for the adapter seemed to solve the problem for me. Your problem could be similar and I'd look for a driver update at the Belkin site?

TomG 18:44 12 Nov 03

Thanks - I tried that but if you try and install the new driver over the old ones it just uninstall everything! If you uninstall the old drivers and then try to install the "latest" version you get as far as the USB driver install (thought XP didn't need USB drivers?) and navigate to the folder the belkin instructions tell you to go to nothing happens, the setup just says cannot find drivers?!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…