Bluetooth printing from Phone

Curio 19:56 22 May 06

Having discovered I can download photos from a Bluetooth phone on my HP 8250 printer, I purchased the relevant HP Dongle. Software was installed and Dongle plugged in. Dongle immediately started flashing indicating ready for transfer. Printer did not recognize Bluetooth phone and phone indicated No Bluetooth device found.

Checking Device Manager confirmed Dongle installed and indicated device working correctly.
HP online helpful and Advised to check passkey was correct, Security set to low and also Visible to all. Passkey set to default 0000. File type was also confirmed as OK. Still nothing works. Bluetooth in Control Panel on PC indicates Bluetooth Device not found.

Just to rub salt in the wound, son came down with his phone and Anonymous dongle, plugged in and immediately printed off a photo from his phone to my printer.

Have reinstalled in effort to resolve matter, but no joy. Can anyone give any pointers as to further checks I can make? Thanks in anticipation.

Curio 13:49 23 May 06

^

Curio 18:23 23 May 06

Unresolved. I think i may have a non operational dongle here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…