Bluetooth phone and laptop

DANZIG 09:32 20 Mar 07

Hello.

I'm a bit of a duffer when it comes to mobile phones. After acquiring one and getting one of my mates to show me how to work the bluetooth thing and get on to the internet on it I thought - 'can I link the phone to a laptop via bluetooth and get on to the internet on the laptop itself'?

In my mind it should be possible and hence I could have the internet wherever I go.

Am I right? What kind of features should I be looking for in a laptop to enable me to do this?

My phone, by the way, is a Sony Ericsson W300i and the laptop I'm intending to buy will have Vista Home Premium on it.

Thanks!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:52 20 Mar 07

In device manager you should see "Bluetooth modem" just change your IE connection to us that.

HOWEVER it is very expensive to use a mobile to connect to the internet.

DANZIG 10:13 20 Mar 07

You say its expensive, but when I connect to the internet now on my mobile, it appears to take about 60p off my credit no matter how long I'm on it.

Surely it would be the same in the situation I'm asking about?

Or am I being naive??

Anyway. got to go to work now. I will reply to any responses later.

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…