bluetooth or infer red?

I-W 10:00 17 Apr 04

Im currently looking at changing my moblie phone and im not sure wheather to go for infer red or bluetooth. Can someone plese enlighten on the pro's and con's of each I will also be looking to make my computer compatable with which ever i decide. Any help would be great. thank you.

User-312386 10:57 17 Apr 04

have a read here click here

Forum Editor 11:49 17 Apr 04

rather than infra-red, although both technologies have specific pros and cons. It very much depends on how you tend to use your phone. If you want to make and receive calls in the car you should opt for Bluetooth, but if you use the phone to dial up to your ISP and connect to a laptop and/or PDA you might want to go for infra-red. Remember that infra-red transfers depend on line-of-sight, whereas Bluetooth is a wireless technology which will works by 'pairing' with other Bluetooth devices, and doesn't need line-of-sight to work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…