Bluetooth network

If i have two usb bluetooth adaptors is it possible to use them both as a network, for file transfer between desktop and laptop and playing games etc. If not is there a cheaper way of connecting the two together. My desktop doesnt have a network card!!

howard60 19:30 18 Jan 05

a nice idea - try it and let us know - I do not have any bluetooth devices so cannot help.

Technotiger 19:41 18 Jan 05

Hi, if your two OS's are XP then it might be possible to use infra-red to 'connect' them, similar to the method I use to 'connect' my Nokia mobile phone to pc.

Cheers.

bremner 19:44 18 Jan 05

A quick look here click here will give you an idea of the pluses and minuses of bluetooth networking.

The big minus is maximum transfer speed - at best 50/60 times slower than ethernet/wi-fi.

OK for internet - no good for anthing other than really small file transfer

Kate B 01:17 19 Jan 05

I've used Bluetooth to transfer files between a computer/phone/PDA. It's OK, but it wouldn't be my first choice of link, particularly not between PCs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…