Bluetooth & MS Activesync

wiznyme 16:24 08 Nov 04

I'm trying to configure my Bluetooth mobile to sync with my home and office computers, they can communicate ok via USB but would be much more convenient if I could do this via Bluetooth.

I have a MSI PC2PC Bluetooth dongle on both computers, they can both see the phone & pair successfully. I've managed to initiate a serial connection between computer and phone but MS Activesync won't recognise this connection.

My phone is a SPV 500 running Windows Mobile 2003 2nd edition, the computers are running Win 2K sp4 & XP Pro sp4, I'm using the latest avail drivers for the Bluetooth dongles, Activesync version is 3.7.1

I'd be grateful for any help or suggestions,

Thanks,

Jim

wiznyme 10:48 09 Nov 04

Thanks ßéLâ,

I'll give that a try this afternoon,

Let you know how I get on

Jim

wiznyme 11:40 09 Nov 04

As far as I can see everythings set up as described on that website but I'm getting an error when I try to connect

"Unable to connect. Verify your dial-up or proxy settings are correct and try again"

What dial-up or proxy settings ???

Bluetooth is supposed to be emulating a serial connection so why would it need them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…