Bluetooth on latitude x1

funbubble 19:25 06 Jan 10

I wanted to send a file from my phone to the laptop How do I get round the request for a code/ pin to communicate?..(I'm assuming the bluetooth is always on)

Cheers

mgmcc 20:37 06 Jan 10

When you "pair" the devices, you may need to enter a 'pin'. Just make it up and use the same number in both devices when connecting. For a phone, I always use 2580 because those are the numbers down the centre of the phone's keypad and it's no great security issue!

funbubble 21:03 06 Jan 10

Thanks for the speedy reply

funbubble 20:00 08 Jan 10

I can send a file to the phone from the laptop.

still cant send other way

mgmcc 09:04 09 Jan 10

>>> didnt work!!

Well something must have worked! The devices must have been "paired" and must have connected over the Bluetooth link or you couldn't have sent a file from the Laptop to the phone.

Depending on the software you have in the PC, such as the Phone's "PC Suite", you may be able to transfer files both ways via the computer.

Otherwise, have you set the computer to "Receive a File" before "Sending" from the Phone?

funbubble 10:15 09 Jan 10

The laptop has xp ...how do I tee it up to receive??

mgmcc 11:02 09 Jan 10

Go to "Control Panel > Bluetooth Devices", select the Options tab and tick the box "Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area".

Then right click the Bluetooth icon beside the clock and select "Receive a File".

funbubble 21:22 10 Jan 10

Thanks..
It really should be more intuitive than that though shouldnt it?..!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009