Bluetooth issue, who is the culprit?

Hathawayp5 22:22 12 Jan 15

Hello

I just bought a USB bluetooth adapter and a wireless bluetooth keyboard (linked below) to work with my MSI Windbox DC111 (Win 8.1), however the keyboard seems to have a heck of a time keeping a connection with it. At first I thought the keyboard was the issue, as it kept intermittently working, sending continuous key presses, lagging way behind etc. I left it plugged in to charge while testing to make sure it wasn't a power issue. However I paired it to a Samsung tablet and even at 5 odd metres it worked flawlessly, very promptly acknowledging key presses and not putting a foot wrong, so I'm now left wondering if it's the adapter instead. The documentation for the dongle informed me that I wouldn't need to install the broadcomm software for Windows 8.1, but after failing to get far I tried this too and it made no difference at all.

So either the dongle just isn't very good (has excellent reviews on Amazon as linked below), or the keyboard is great for android and terrible for Windows, is that even possible? It does state it supports Windows 8.1. Or a bit of both?

Link to:

Keyboard - click here - click here on what people think I'll send the one likeliest culprit back and get a replacement (suggestions?). Unfortunately I don't have anything else to test either one out with and would rather send one rather than both back.

Thanks guys.

Adapter Depending

Hathawayp5 22:25 12 Jan 15

Seems it's screwed up part of my message towards the end. The two links contain the keyboard and adapter in question. "Depending" is missing from the start of the sentence.

Cheers.

wee eddie 22:40 12 Jan 15

The first thing I notice is that the keyboard is Bluetooth 3 and the Micro Adapter is Bluetooth 4.

Don't know if that is possibly a factor!

Hathawayp5 22:49 12 Jan 15

I've no idea, though the Galaxy Tab S I tested it on where it worked flawlessly apparently also operates with Bluetooth 4.0. :S

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017