bluetooth dongle not recognized

dagbladet 19:08 07 Jul 06

After loading the software I have plugged in the USB dongle. However windows (XP SP2) does not recognize it as a Bluetooth device. It lists it as an unknown USB device. I have tried to update the driver of the 'unknown device' and point it to the correct driver on the installation CD, but windows says no driver found. Any help appreciated.

User-312386 19:11 07 Jul 06

Unplug the dongle, uninstall the software, reboot the computer and then plug the dongle back in

dagbladet 19:22 07 Jul 06

Tried madboy, no good.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:43 07 Jul 06

refresh USB PORTS by uninstalling everthing under the USB heading (rrot hubs and all). Then either reboot or action scan fo new hardware, let XP find and install neww hardware.

dagbladet 23:41 07 Jul 06

Sorry folks, have been offline trying to get this thing working. Tried the suggestions above, no joy. As soon as i plug in USB dongle i get 'unknown USB device'

dagbladet 09:28 08 Jul 06

Anybody else?

SG Atlantis® 09:59 08 Jul 06

run the cd first, before connecting the dongle.

Uninstall whatever you've loaded for it. Reboot, run the cd and insert the dongle when it says to.

Which bluetooth dongle is it?

dagbladet 10:20 08 Jul 06

Thanks, I've tried it in every order you can think of. This morning I tried it in daughters laptop (also XP SP2 but much lower spec) and it was recognized straight away.

It's this one

click here

SG Atlantis® 11:07 08 Jul 06

I thought wow, what a bargain til I realised the delivery surcharge...

Anyway, just replicate the method you used on your daughter's system on yours. Uninstall all entries related to it on yours first. Use click here to clear out your system. Reboot and then try installing...

dagbladet 11:13 08 Jul 06

You sure about that link?

SG Atlantis® 11:23 08 Jul 06

doh! ccleaner. I left out a "c" click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5