Bluetooth Dongle and mobile phone sync'ing

Tj_El 18:17 18 Sep 04

Hello folks, I am quite new to Bluetooth and I need your collective help and assistance in sync'ing my contacts in MS Outlook with my SE T630.

I have followed the steps outlined in the handbook to install. I also read through and followed the steps in Guides to setting up the WIDCOMM device configuration for sync'ing that I found on-line.

All done, I activated the IrMC Sync and duly got the pop up box showing the process progress.. until nearer the end when I got the error message as below:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\PROGRA~1\WIDCOMM\BLUETO~1\BTSTAC~1.EXE.

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I had no other choice but to click on "OK" on the message and then "Cancel" on the pop-up box (as nothing was happening anyway). I then checked the phone and found that I had a list of names but these were not my MS Outlook contacts - they were from my OE address book!

So I checked the config. again and yes I do have "Synchronize Microsoft Outlook" selected in PIM Synch. of both the Client and Local services. I checked my "Programs" tab in IE Internet Options to ensure my default E-Mail program was MS Outlook. Under the same tab in "Contacts" all that was available is "Address book". Don't know if this information is pertinent but better overkill on information than not enough...I guess...

Since that error msg appeared, each time I have tried to sync the devices, the error msg just appears after the pop-up box shows so I can't go any further. It's driving me crazy!!

Can anyone help on this please?
I am running Windows XP Home with SP2 and using Office 97.

Many thanks.

Tj_El

Tj_El 13:53 25 Nov 04

This was not pursued further because it stopped happening... don't know why.

I'll 'quietly' close the thread.... shhhhh!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…