Bluetooth dongle compatible with LG GW520

Border View 11:24 17 Nov 09

Looking for a recommendation for a Bluetooth dongle which will be compatible with my new mobile phone - LG GW520.

My current dongle and phone see each other, but file transfer is unsuccessful - something about wrong protocol. This is on both music and photographs.

I run with XP Home SP3.

Thanks

Border View 13:49 17 Nov 09

bump

Border View 16:49 17 Nov 09

Perhaps its not the dongle. Seeking advice here.

When I try to transfer files - music or photographs. I can get the mobile phone to communicate with the laptop via bluetooth but when I try to transfer files I get the message "An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used". The transfer failed.

Any suggestions?

Border View 17:03 17 Nov 09

Its not the phone. Same thing is happening with my old Motorola which I know used to work with bluetooth.

Border View 17:22 17 Nov 09

There again its a bluetooth dongle which is about four years old, so perhaps I need a new one, they are cheap enough.

Border View 22:47 20 Nov 09

Most disappointed at the total lack of response to this thread.

For those who might be interested, or even read this thread, I bought a new dongle which worked perfectly.

Thank you for reading the thread, I hope it helps others in the future.

Barmoor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…