Bluetooth Connection - Service Error

RickB 06:52 06 Aug 07

I'm running Vista Business and I'm trying to install a new Bluetooth mouse - but it won't let me.

To cut a long story short, with the Bluetooth dongle properly installed, in "Services" i find that "Bluetooth services", while on "automatic" to start, is currently "stopped". When i try to start it manually, i get "Error 1053 - service did not respond to the start or cold not respond in a timely fashion".

As usual, trying to find out what on earth "Error 1053" means is a hopeless task - anybody got any ideas??

Thanks

Rick

skidzy 07:01 06 Aug 07

If you do have .Netframework 1.1 installed,try installing it and see if this works click here

click here possibly.

click here

RickB 07:55 06 Aug 07

THanks. I tried all that and i'm afraid it made no difference. I'm now waiting for a "hotfix" (sounds exciting!) as per your third link so we'll see about that and i'll report back.
Many thanks for getting back so quickly.
Rick

Graham. 09:28 06 Aug 07

Is the dongle Vista-compatible?

RickB 10:07 06 Aug 07

That's a good one. Its a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer, brand new. I've updated the supplied software to Vista but i guess it could be a problem. Any ideas how i tell or what i can do about it? Guess i could try installing it on my old laptop which is till XP.

RickB 13:49 08 Aug 07

After a lot of searching about i think i've found the answer and this might be of use to others.

Go to click here.

This claims to only apply to configuring Bluetooth on an XP SP2 computer but it seemed to sort my Vista out too.

A simple addition to the Registry solved the issue.

Thanks and regards to all.

Rick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…