Bluetooth connection problems

Nicholas 11:01 15 Apr 04

I have been trying to connect a laser measuring device (Leica Disto Plus-Bluetooth enabled) to my computer via a Belkin USB adapter. It doesn't want to connect and I get an error message which asks for a pairing PIN number. I am told by the suppliers of the Leica that it doesn't have a PIN and should connect without one. Can anyone help out?

I am running Win XP.

temp003 11:10 15 Apr 04

I don't know anything about your laser measuring device. But usually, for bluetooth devices, the first time you try to connect with the computer through the USB adapter, you need to "pair" them by inputting any combination of numbers (both on the computer, and on the external device). The set of numbers can be anything you want. It's just to make sure that you're connecting the right bluetooth device. If there's a keypad on the laser device, just enter any PIN, and do the same on the computer when prompted.

computernerdiamnot 11:38 15 Apr 04

Hi Nicholas
Try inputting 0000 as thesse re the default pin numbers and when you pair them up just enter pin, hope this helps.

Nicholas 20:58 15 Apr 04

Thank you computernerdiamnot
I inputed the 0000 pin number and it connected just fine. I will contact the suppliers who said that you can't enter a pin number and let them know.
Regards,
Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…