Bluetooth connection problem. Phone to PC

gazmix 12:48 20 Apr 07

Hi
I bought a Bluetooth Dongle.
I installed the disk & went through the setup procedure & inserted the dongle & restarted the pc as prompted.

I now have the 'Blue manager' icon on my desktop.
I double click on it & i get the option "launch blue manager" or "setup headset".

I click on "launch blue manager", enanble the bluetooth on my phone & they can't seem to find each other.
What am i doing wrong. I've had this issue before with same dongle. I'm trying to send pics from my phone to the pc!
Help please!!

Gaz

Marko797 13:49 20 Apr 07

Try going in via XP Bluetooth Information Exchanger (Progs/Bluetooth/Information Exchanger?

gazmix 14:01 20 Apr 07

This doesn't seem to exist I have the Blue manager 3.3 in my taskbar.
Blue manager icon on desktop.
When i go to start/programmes/XTNDBluemanager & it says:-
clean
documentation
bluemanager
BTDUNserve
Uninstall

when i click on the icon on my desktop i get a small box saying "Blue manager for skype" & Set up headset or launch blue manager. When i launch blue manager i get a box with an icon saying 'no device found', although my phones bluetooth is on & visible.
Maybe it's something to do with the settings.!!

Gaz

gazmix 17:11 20 Apr 07

anyone!! i expect its something simple i'm missing!

Technotiger 17:17 20 Apr 07

Hi, in addition to the bluetooth I would have thought that you also needed the software for your Phone.

An easier way to transfer pics phone to pc is by card-reader, assuming you have pics on card in phone.

derbyfc 17:21 20 Apr 07

the only time ive seen this, is when the software isnt detecting the bluetooth dongle,thats what it means "no device found" rather than not detecting your phone.
it could be a faulty dongle or youve attatched dongle without properly installing the software and restart process,before inserting the dongle.

gazmix 17:24 20 Apr 07

Hi Technotiger

So i need software on my phone!! It's not like linking 2 phones via bluetooth?

In the past i have matched them up, i.e. phone finds pc & vica versa. But never managed to transfer!

I have no card in my phone, just the SIM, no memory card. I'm just wanting to transfer from my files as i'm having phone repared next week & if they do a software upgrade, it will wipe the phone!

Border View 17:29 20 Apr 07

Is there not a part on your phone under connections entitled Bluetooth which you click on. Thats what I have to do and they talk to each other. When they have found each other you click on the blue tooth icon on your desk top and get a menu which list transfer files, receive files etc.

Technotiger 17:32 20 Apr 07

No, you don't need software on your phone - you need phone software on you PC. You can then transfer pics via bluetooth from phone to pc using the phone software on your pc.

I can't tell you how, because if I remember correctly you have a different phone to mine (I have Nokia, with Nokia software on my pc).

gazmix 17:33 20 Apr 07

So i should install software, restart & then insert dongle?

During installation, it said 'dongle not present', so maybe i was thinking i should have installed it before installation?

gazmix 17:34 20 Apr 07

I have the disk software that came with the dongle!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac