Bluetooth connection

I-W 20:59 26 Jan 05

I'm not to sure if this discussion is in the right place, but i need some advice on bluetooth dongles and mobile phones. I'v got a dongle and the software that it comes with is XTNDconnect blue manager. I'v installed the dongle and the drivers and after a while of turning the pc off and on over about a week the dongle icon shows it to be unplugged. The dongle is never taken out of the usb port so this cant be. The only way I can seem to get the dongle to work is to keep installing the drivers everytime I want to use the. Which is starting to get anoying. Can any one advise any ideas? would different drivers work and if so where can I get them?

teknikz 21:07 26 Jan 05

i had the same problem....but when i tried a different usb port it started to work fine. have u tried moving the dongle to different usb's?

Technotiger 21:09 26 Jan 05

Hi, this is as good a place as any :-) I don't know a lot about blue-tooth, except to advise that
connection can be subject to interference from obstructions such as walls or other electronic devices.

No doubt other more knowledgeable than I will soon come to your aid.

Cheers.

I-W 22:45 26 Jan 05

I'v got for usb ports on the pc and all produce the same result. There is no obstruction from any walls as the phone and dongle are only a couple of feet away from each other.

User-312386 23:32 26 Jan 05

Turn the PC on

Ensure the phone is not "hidden" and the paired device is in the phone.

I-W 10:42 27 Jan 05

Thanks for the advice but iv tried that. When the dongle starts to appear unplugged it gives me no time to search for any devices. Would another driver sort out the problem?

johnnyrocker 10:45 27 Jan 05

do you have a lexmark usb printer by any chance?

johnny.

I-W 10:50 27 Jan 05

I do have lexmark printer but not usb.

I-W 14:29 31 Jan 05

Sorry my mistake. it is usb (doh)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009