Bluetooth connecting mobile phone to PC

so3003 13:45 04 Jul 03

I've just got a new Sony Ericsson T610 mobile phone (gone from a Philips Savvy to it, it's like going from a typewriter to a Cray Supercomputer!) and it has Bluetooth among many other features.

I'd quite like to connect my PC to phone via Bluetooth for transferring pictures etc from phone to PC, and wondered if anyone had any advice regarding the things you buy to do this.

Preferably something small and portable that I can plug into a USB port or similar, as I want to be able to easily move it between computers without opening the case etc.

Thanks
Scott

Kitz E Kat 22:04 04 Jul 03

I just got a Nokia with Bluetooth, i got a USB bluetooth adaptor,a Belkin. I have to say a little tricky to setup, and prone to some "funny business" but when it does decide to work its the dogs!!!!
I have XP, the Belkin has XP drivers but are not signed by Microsoft, XP does not seem to recognise Bluetooth, so it said!!!!
That may explain the odd behaviour...
It does seem to have settled down and seems to be OK ..
There are several other makes of USB adaptor out there, so have a look around..
It is worth it ,, have fun
Kitz E Kat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…