Bluetooth on computers

I-W 20:52 19 Mar 04

Im thinking of buying a phone with bluetooth pretty soon.Can i link the phone to the computer via bluetooth and if so how? What would i be able to do with type of limk up. The phone im looking at is the motorola v500 if that makes a difference. Any help would be great. Thanks.

norman47 21:11 19 Mar 04

I use a bluetooth dongle, a usb device that just plugs into any usb port. I use it both on an IBook and my main P.C.

If you use a dongle then it should come with software to install on the computer. The phone should also come with software ( or you may have to download it from the phone website) so the computer and phone can communicate with each other.

It should be a simple matter of installing the bluetooth software on the computer, inserting the dongle into a usb slot and then this half should be ready. The bluetooth light will keep flashing. What it is doing is looking for bluetooth devices.

If you then install the phone software onto the p.c. and bring your phone within reach. Set the phone to bluetooth and the p.c. should recognise it. Then both phone and P.C. will ask for your permission to talk to each other. You must authorise both, security thing.

You should then be able to swap photos, files, messages, e-mails. Basically any thing the software of the phone allows.

mammak 21:18 19 Mar 04

Hi I-W used my bluetooth usb adapter for some months without a problem for my nokia 7650 , installed the bluetooth software had no need to install the nokia software bluetooth picked up my phone without a problem, good luck in all u do with bluetooth fantastic software. regards Mammak.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…