BlueTooth Blues

novice84 12:34 21 Feb 06

I am facing a very wierd problem..
i have a nokia 6600.. and i got a bluetooth dongle for it.. it has BlueSoleil 1.4 software..

after i install the softwar3e.. my PC restarts ansd im asked to plug in my bluetooth device..
but when i insert it.. it says "unknown device"..

i tried to update the drivers for it.. it says no better drivers than those already installed were found. Despite that when i go to device manager and check.. it sasy no drivers installed for this hardware.

i have tried the same dongle at my friends place who uses intel P4 and WINxp.. and I use AMD athlon 2400+ and Winxp.

whatever i do im just not able to detect da dongle.. it constantly shows it as an unknown device.

is it due to my AMD processor?

because i had similar problems with a data cable dat i tried to install with nokia 7250i.

Please help me.. its a bit too urgent!!1

SG Atlantis® 17:15 21 Feb 06

is it connected to a usb port on the computer or through a hub?

I find that I can only use my belkin dongle on only one of the three usb ports (the one it was installed on) at the front of the computer. Although the other ports work fine with other devices. Strange that...

BTW
The processor is not the issue I use AMD.

novice84 16:32 01 Mar 06

My problem still remains..

i trie using the same bluetooth with 2 friends who have got intel and another one whos got AMD.

the MAD one had similar problems like mine..

both intel connected perfectly.

OK ans i forgot to mention.. i dont think i have an original bluetooth dongle.
my pc connects with everything that is original.

i tried to connect an original data cable,it works perfect. but when i tried a duplicate one.. which has been cloned from the original nokia DKU5 cable, i suppose it works only with intel.

so is that that im facing such problems because of my device?

I have spent a lot of money and time over this. if there is any way i can get some help, i would be greatful...

SG Atlantis® 16:48 01 Mar 06

it's nothing to do with the processor, mine is AMD and I'm using a bluetooth dongle successfully with a Nokia phone.

Try uninstalling it, use click here to clear out all issues and files. Then follow the instructions, run the software BEFORE connecting it to the computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac