Bluetooth

Cav1 15:41 21 Aug 07

I have bluetooth pre installed on my computer,I have used it to download pictures from my mobile phone, haven't used it for a while now find I'm not connected, I am sure that I had some software to start it would that be right?

Seth Haniel 16:11 21 Aug 07

and get it to search for my devices ??

Technotiger 17:02 21 Aug 07

Yes, I did not use my bluetooth for a while, then when I did want to I had to re-install the bluetooth software, then it worked ok. (XP)

Clapton is God 17:37 21 Aug 07

Duplicate thread click here

Cav1 23:49 21 Aug 07

Thank you Technotiger I have mislaid my software I had thought about doing that, so has anyone got any idea how I can resolve this prob and Seth thank you also but I wouldn't know how to enable bluetooth on my phone

normally your phone supplier provides a software cd ,ie nokia supply a software suite,this can also be downloaded from their website.
To enable bluetooth on your phone try settings>connectivity or something like that,you turn the bluetooth on or off.

Technotiger 07:59 22 Aug 07

Anyway, very much simpler to connect phone to pc via USB. Although I have bluetooth, I have found USB quicker when transferring photos to pc. Also more secure - anyone nearby with bluetooth item can 'see' your pc/phone. My next-door neighbour told me he 'saw' mine on his mobile.
*THE RAVEN* is correct about the connectivity being in Settings on your phone to turn bluetooth on/off.

Cav1 11:37 23 Aug 07

Have tried to connect using my phone, the name of my phone 'motorola' apears on screen but it wont connect when I try to transfer files, I think I will have to try and get the cd like you say from the supplier I use USB connection. it used to be great no probs. can not understand what has gone wrong. Joys of computers!

lisa02 11:58 23 Aug 07

Is there a bluetooth icon in the system tray or control panel?

You have to set the computer to 'visible' and set it to 'receive a file' before transferring from a mobile to computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced