Bluescreen

maco2078 21:51 31 Mar 09

After my laptop being frozen for almost a week I now have information coming u that due to a bluescreen I installed a device (?) or have a bad driver, but I have dome all the checks, ran scans, dskchks, last known config, etc and still is frozen.

can anyone enlighten me please?

sean-278262 21:54 31 Mar 09

What is the specific blue screen error code? Have you installed and new parts, new wireless, ram etc?

maco2078 07:56 01 Apr 09

Hi, something seems to be suggesting I have installed a new device or something, but too my knowledge I have not...

I have installed downloads of course as in meditational talks, or antivirus but I cannot think of anything else.

I know somehow this is a simple little thing that I could fix if only I knew what?????

Graphicool1 10:40 01 Apr 09

What is the 'error code' number?
When you receive an error code it is followed by a number. That's what we need to know.

maco2078 13:18 01 Apr 09

I will try and find it, where would it be?

Under Problems and Solutions report I suppose?

I went there this morning and actually took time to read the instructions properly.

I only had time to act on the first instruction as I had to go to the hospital, anyway it suggested I went to Comp and looked under properties to see what devices are in there or been added.

There are two one is
HL-DT- DVD RAM GSA-T4 on ATA Device

and then
WDC WD1600BEVT-222CTO

Now I did insert a CD Rom to try and do a back up or something recently and I wondered (noveice that I am) could that have added anything?

I did a dskchk on startup and if there was a problem I dd not see it as I was looking away, so I will do that, and I am going back to look at the other instructions 4 in all, but one was to do a system restore and I have performed two already and also a last known config.

maco2078 13:29 01 Apr 09

Oh yes, another piece of info for you. Those two were listed but when I go to Device manager only one of them comes up and that is the second one.

WDC WD1600BEVT-22ZCTO

it is Z not a 2.

Graphicool1 16:37 01 Apr 09

This is a hard drive (HDD) 'western Digital' Have to recently added an external HDD

Graphicool1 16:45 01 Apr 09

This is an ATAPI CD/DVD PLAYER

Graphicool1 16:52 01 Apr 09

Please explain your constant reference to a 'Bluescreen' Did you actually see a blue screen?

The error code number isn't something you have to go and look for. When someone get's an 'Error Code' on their PC it is followed by the error number. Like this...

'error code 123'

maco2078 20:05 01 Apr 09

Bluescreen??

Please explain your constant reference to a 'Bluescreen' Did you actually see a blue screen?

The error code number isn't something you have to go and look for. When someone get's an 'Error Code' on their PC it is followed by the error number. Like this...

'error code 123'

When I go into Solve problems and solutions there is Bluescreen printed in blue and when you click on it about 4 instrcutions come up what t do to solve it. (It says a Bluescreen means I have either added a device or driver and the machine has switched itself off to quickly, if I remove the device or driver it will be OK) No, it is not a bluescreen, just known as Bluescreen.

Underneath that is advanced options if none of t'others work, but it warns that this is for the IT technicians.

I cannot see anything relating to an error code and I know from the numerous failed times in the past when AOL has failed to sign on what they mean.

I did run a dskchk again which took a bleedin' hour and it said something about diskchk had cleaned up a lump of bad clusters whatever that means.

Im sorry if you can't understand this Im a bit pissed as I have been out to a friends for dinner.

maco2078 07:57 02 Apr 09

Actually in problem reports and solutions there is a note in bright blue that says Bluescreen eror caused by device or driver.

Now the thing is how do I fix it? If I knew what I was looking for I could uninstall and wallah, end of problem.

The last thing I can recollect installing was an mobile device from Apple and I am unable to unistall i-tunes or anything related to Apple because it comes up as saying Windows Installer was not installed properly or something.

God help me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009