Blue tooth headset and Bluetooth dongle

Mark-335400 13:31 10 Feb 06

Does anyone know if its possible for the blue tooth headset that I use for my mobile phone can be configured to work with my PC via its blue tooth dongle, idea being to use messenger this way and not through my pc speakers and a seperate mic...

Thalmus 13:35 10 Feb 06

yes it can

Mark-335400 13:43 10 Feb 06

Thalmus, thanks for your reply, have you managed to do it yourself as I've had a couple of go's but no joy. I've tried 'pairing' etc but the dongle/software cant see it.. any ideas

Thalmus 15:14 10 Feb 06

Yeah i've done it myself although the audio was a little scratchy

there is normally a button combination to press on your headset to make it visable when you bluetooth dongle searches for devices

Thalmus 15:15 10 Feb 06

also when you installed your bluetooth dongle did you install the headset service?

Mark-335400 15:29 10 Feb 06

Thalmus, again thanks for your reply, I think I'd better sit down and go through the instructions for both devices slowly. As I have now found that it is possible for the devices to communicate (ie you have it working)it's obviously been the case that I have been doing something wrong. I will have a go at it tonight and over the weekend... just out of curiosity, is it much kop... thanks

Thalmus 16:28 10 Feb 06

Yes its good, worked exactly how you would think, although like i said when i used it i had some clicking sounds coming through the ear piece, although that probably just interference on my end

Mark-335400 11:03 13 Feb 06

managed to get headset 'seen' by pc by correctly using pairing, but I'm stuck on how to get it to work. ie I cant get any ontput as if using it as a mic and also cant get no sound through it as if using speakers... any ideas what I'm doing wrong

Thalmus 11:12 13 Feb 06

click start > control panel > sounds and audio devices, you can select the device you want to use for speakers and microphone under the various tabs

Mark-335400 11:44 13 Feb 06

ohhh dear, why didnt I think of that,,,, Brilliant Thalmus, thanks for your help, I will give it a go tonight after work... THANKS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…