Blue tint on monitor

Dannymiller15 20:44 11 May 03

I have a fujitsu monitor which is about 4 years old and quite recently it has developed a blue tint which has messed up the way some colours are shown (i.e red appears black etc). Can anyone help.

Installer. 21:39 11 May 03

My Fujitsu Siemens monitor has two colour temperature settings, in it's menu 9300c (cool) 6500c (warm) try these. Also there is a colour control where red and blue can be adjusted separately.

PhilipH 22:20 11 May 03

It sounds as though the red colour gun has gone in your monitor as red appears as black. Try the monitor on another computer if possible to see if it still has the same fault also if the VGA cable is separate you could also try replacing it, but it seems as if you need to replace your monitor.

SteevScotland 22:56 11 May 03

I had a simmilar problem a while ago. It turned out to be one of the pins on monitor plug was bent.

Cheers S

Lone Crow 23:15 11 May 03

I agree with SteevScotland, probably a connection problem of some kind - the cable is quite heavy and can drag and pull with surprising force, esp if you move things around. You could also try resetting your monitor to its default settings (don't know how with you monitor but there should be that option somewhere in the settings menu). A long shot, but worth trying if all else fails, is to run the degaussing utility (gets rid of unwanted magnetic build-up on the tube) if your monitor provides one. Good luck. LC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…