Blue Screen and Windows Closed

spuds 15:11 23 Jun 05

Not sure whether this as anything to do with this recent problem click here

Late yesterday evening and a short while ago, I commenced to use my computer from a cold start. On initial startup in both cases, I had a blue screen with the following message:-

-----

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer-If the screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus,disk fragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for update drivers. Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0X00000024 [0X001902FA,0XEF358498,0XEF358198,0X00300002]

Beginner dump of physical memory

Physical memory dump complete.

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

-----

Can anyone decipher the above error message, and inform me as to what needs doing.[In terms of simplicity, as per a Dummies Guide!].

Regarding the updating of drivers, I checked this out, and all drivers seem to be the latest versions.Did a defrag check about a week ago, and defrag was not required.Plenty of space left on hard-drive.Had Webroot AntiSpyware trial programme on test,which was uninstalled about a week ago.Running XP Home.500+ memory. 120Gb main drive.40Gb slave [never been used].

Help and advice very much appreciated.

retep888 15:46 23 Jun 05

Read your recent posts,know you probably installed all the utilities you needed,but have you checked the hdd with their disktool software,worth a try though.

HTH

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:16 23 Jun 05

Run scandisk and do a defrag to check the HDDs.

slowhand_1000 17:42 23 Jun 05

click here

For mention of Stop 0x00000024 error and other Stop Error codes.

BEN MARSHALL 18:10 23 Jun 05

Have you just put on the slave drive? if it has never been used? if so check BIOS settingd (Del, Esc, or F2).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…