Blue screen when playing games

Smigga 02:19 08 Jan 06

For some reason i keep getting plain blue, blue screen after about 10 mins of playing any game. Does anyone know how to fix this? please!!!!!! its a radeon graphics card

ICF 07:31 08 Jan 06

Have you got the latest drives installed?
Has this always happened?
Have you changed anything on your computer?

Tenacious Green 08:50 08 Jan 06

Sound like overheating to me. Download Motherboard Monitor 5 and check temperatures

click here

I would suggest running a game briefly (a couple of minutes) then running it to get an accurate temp reading whilst your MOBO and Card are in use.

Smigga 14:02 08 Jan 06

Yes i have the latest drivers but that doesnt seem to work...and regarding the over heating thing, i check the heat temp in my bios and its at a stable level 37 something and the cut of is 60 odd?

Smigga 14:07 08 Jan 06

Which one do i download i can only see usa australia and france?

should i get a couple more fans do you think? they dont cost much so i might just go out and buy some, how many would you recomend?

Tenacious Green 14:50 08 Jan 06

It doesn't matter which one as that's just the download location.

As for buying fans, your card comes with one built in which is the likely cause of overheating but not necessarily the problem. Other things can cause overheating too so you must not jump to conclusions.

Try MBM5 first and see where to go from there.

Stuartli 15:51 08 Jan 06

It might be that you are using too high a resolution or refresh rate or the card is simply not capable - I've only got a 1GB Pentium and GeForceFX 5200 and, if I run 3DMark2005 it works for the first two or three demos and then spectacularly crashes.

No problem, obviously, with 3DMark2001SE...:-)

Smigga 23:24 08 Jan 06

my graphics card is a radeon 9800 pro and i have a gig of ram and an AMD 64 athlon processor.

so i know its powerfull enough but i dont know why its going to blue screen,the air coming out of the pc is cold even when its been on for hours and the bios is saying its stable, ill download that thing you sent me tena is it easy to use

gudgulf 23:29 08 Jan 06

What's the rest of your pc specs?

When you say you have the latest drivers does that include the motherboard chipset and soundcard drivers?

Smigga 08:47 09 Jan 06

I dont know about the motherboard and chipset but i deffo done the graphics card as i went onto the ati sight and got the latest driver of 5.10 i think it was!!

it happend twice last night while i was playing battle for middle earth, its really annoying me and the fact im not that good with pc's makes it worse

gudgulf 11:25 09 Jan 06

If your motherboard has a VIA chipset there are known issues with AGP 8x.

Try using SmartGart to reduce AGP acceleration down to 4x (This will not slow your graphics card down!!)

Latest ATI drivers are version 5.13 but there is little need to change the 5.10s unless you thing the installation is corrupt.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…