blue screen with W98SE

marjal 11:03 01 Jul 05

I keep getting a blue screen when I boot up especially when I dial up for the internet and try to access OE.I get round this by removing some of the icons from my system tray.
The blue screen has the following statement on it:
"OE has occured @ 0028:C000ABD9 in VXD ... called from 0028:C000353F in VXD ...
When I press any key to try and carry on,I get several messages like:
OE 0028:C0031BD6 etc.
I have downloaded Q256015 from Windows which is used specifically to eliminate the above problem but to no avail.

Hope someone can help.

Graham ® 11:22 01 Jul 05

Until the experts respond:

Run a virus scan.

Check the filing system - Start, Run, 'sfc', OK.

Try another browser in case IE is corrupted - Mozilla Firefox click here

Micro-Man 13:16 01 Jul 05

I've often found VXD problems are hardware driver faults, mainly graphics card drivers. In device manager, (Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager to the un-iniated), are there any yellow exclaimation marks? If so then thiscould be the trouble.

ACOLYTE 14:44 01 Jul 05

If you have adaware there is a VXD addon you can download and try click here may help if it is malware of some kind.

Wak 19:08 01 Jul 05

It is also possible that Outlook Express files have been corrupted.
Go to Start/ Programs/ Accessories/ System Tools/ System Information/ Tools tab and run the Internet Explorer Repair tool (first item on drop-down list) which also repairs Outlook Express.

woodchip 19:17 01 Jul 05

Outlook Express is Corrupt. Only way is save your E-Mails and remove OE then reinstall from a Old Mag Disc this comes with IE.

Try this it may work click here

woodchip 19:25 01 Jul 05

PS you could also try the Corrupt File checker. If you have full 98 disc put in computer, in run type SFC press enter run the program to look for corrupt files

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…