blue screen stop error

niord2020 14:31 10 Sep 08

I have been attempting to run a virus scan in Windows XP with 2
different viurus programs. About half way through the scan, it hangs and i have to take the battery off to re-start and when it boot up a blue screen comes up and
states "A problem has been detected and Windows has shut down to
prevent damage to your computer.
Check to be sure you have adequate disk space.If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates.Try changing video adapters.
Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS upadates.Disable BIos memory options such as caching or shadowing.if you need to use safe mode to remove opr disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select advanced start-up options, and then select safe mode.
technical information:

Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBF803E1A, 0xF6C527c4 , 0x00000000)

win32k.sys - address BF803E1A base at BF800000, Datestamp 41107f7a
please help me......im not an expert on computer......

baldydave 15:22 10 Sep 08

Hi,
first go to the start button left hand bottom then click on the run icon when box appears type in chkdsk /r dont forget the space in between a box will appear and will run it or ask if you want to run it next time it starts click y for yes,restart pc chkdsk will start.
Next download memtest from here
click here
run it to check pc memory.

Ditch999 16:45 10 Sep 08

"I have been attempting to run a virus scan in Windows XP with 2
different viurus programs."

You shouldn't run two anti virus programmes at the same time. Uninstall one of them and run a full scan with the other in Safe Mode.

Also run anti malware programmes in Safe Mode after they have been updated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:13 10 Sep 08

0x0000008E

is usually a memory problem

Memory Test
MemTest - click here
Tutorial: How to use Memtest - click here
Windows Memory Test - click here

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space

Virtual memory
you need at least 15% of the drive free for windows to operate correctly. If yourdrive is too full then move some file to another drive or delete some files to make space.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…