Blue Screen Problem

RobbieRoberts 00:13 AM 06 Feb 12

Hi, I have been plagued with the following Blue Screen message on boot-up:- "Checking file system on C: The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot open volume for direct access. Windows has finshed checking the disk ....." This stays on the screen for several minutes, then the computer continues the boot-up process. My system is Windows XP home edition, with SP2 & SP3. RobbieR

markd71 00:52 AM 06 Feb 12

XP is Dinosaur, consider an upgrade

lotvic 01:15 AM 06 Feb 12

Chkdsk.exe or Autochk.exe starts when you try to shut down or restart your computer

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831426

finerty 03:05 AM 06 Feb 12

yes markied71 the thing is some people still use xp for a variety of reasons and some use linux alongside xp

Les28 10:25 AM 06 Feb 12
  lotvic 14:01 PM 06 Feb 12

Nothing wrong with XP, yes it is not the latest OS but not everyone has the luxury or inclination to be able to buy the latest of everything. I have both XP and W7 on separate HDD's and find that I still like and use XP for the majority of time.

markd71 I do hope your hangover from Saturday nights beer session is not still troubling you and your head no longer hurts.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…