Blue screen in Outlook Express

Kernow999 11:41 17 Sep 04

I have just had to reinstall Wanadoo Pay as you go as it freezes your account if not used.
I went to check my e-mails using Outlook Express and all I get is a blue screen with a small box for an internet search, a link to Wanadoo and an advert for Ebay.
How do I get rid of the blue screen and get my old initial opening page showing my e-mail boxes on the left and the number of new emails in the centre back?

Thanks

Kernow999 21:05 17 Sep 04

Sorry. Just wanted to bring this back to the top again.

Old Shep 21:18 17 Sep 04

I have Outlook not Outlook Express. If you can get into it when I click on help there is a detect and repair option.

Kernow999 21:27 17 Sep 04

No detect and repair on the help in OE that I can see.

VoG II 21:30 17 Sep 04

Try a repair (this fixes OE as well) click here

Kernow999 21:44 17 Sep 04

I tried that. Still have the blue screen.
Usually at the bottom of my initial opening page this is a little advertising line. It is this that is taking up the whole screen. I cannot reduce it or drag it down at all.
I cannot see my new e-mails.
Strange!

Kernow999 07:40 18 Sep 04

Any further assistance?

Old Shep 10:31 18 Sep 04

Could it be a virus maybe similar to this click here at least it keeps your post at the top.Regards

Kernow999 19:32 18 Sep 04

After all that, I let my wife fiddle (!). She managed to find a little corner in the left where the arrow could drag the sceen down. As I initially thought, the whole page was taken up by the little advertising space usually at the bottom of the screen!
Boy did she gloat!
Thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…