blue screen on new laptop ?!?

dkdanielkli 20:31 PM 30 Jan 13

Hello, I've purchased a Samsung ultra book about 6 months ago and It has been working great. The past month or two, every maybe 10th time I physically open the ultra book it gives me a blue screen for 3-5 seconds and then immidiatelly restarts. I'm a university student and a good example is when I close my laptop after one class and when I open it 10 minutes later for my next class it does that. Attached is some info about my ultra book. Please help (:

Info <---

SillBill 20:39 PM 30 Jan 13

Are you shutting down normally or are you just putting the machine to sleep by closing the lid?

dkdanielkli 20:40 PM 30 Jan 13

I physically close the lead. I don't turn it off or do anything else.

SillBill 20:43 PM 30 Jan 13

That may be the reason, try shutting down before closing the lid to see if you still get Blue Screens.

Newuser939 10:37 AM 01 Feb 13

My Samsung laptop behaved in just that way when I first had it. The problem was only cured when I went to the nVidia web site and downloaded an updated driver for the graphics card. I did wonder at the time whether Samsung had "personalised" the driver in some way which caused the problem. Anyway, I was getting the blue screen every few days, but have now not had one for several months.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…