blue screen on new laptop ?!?

dkdanielkli 20:31 PM 30 Jan 13

Hello, I've purchased a Samsung ultra book about 6 months ago and It has been working great. The past month or two, every maybe 10th time I physically open the ultra book it gives me a blue screen for 3-5 seconds and then immidiatelly restarts. I'm a university student and a good example is when I close my laptop after one class and when I open it 10 minutes later for my next class it does that. Attached is some info about my ultra book. Please help (:

Info <---

SillBill 20:39 PM 30 Jan 13

Are you shutting down normally or are you just putting the machine to sleep by closing the lid?

dkdanielkli 20:40 PM 30 Jan 13

I physically close the lead. I don't turn it off or do anything else.

SillBill 20:43 PM 30 Jan 13

That may be the reason, try shutting down before closing the lid to see if you still get Blue Screens.

Newuser939 10:37 AM 01 Feb 13

My Samsung laptop behaved in just that way when I first had it. The problem was only cured when I went to the nVidia web site and downloaded an updated driver for the graphics card. I did wonder at the time whether Samsung had "personalised" the driver in some way which caused the problem. Anyway, I was getting the blue screen every few days, but have now not had one for several months.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016