Blue Screen on my PC

bdariusc 18:36 21 Jun 14

Hello,

I`m having some problems with my PC for some time now and I don't seem to find a solution to this. I encounter random BlueScreens during my games and the OS error list points to my video card.

I have used stress programs to check the video card but no artifact were found. I have run memory test and no errors have been encountered. I have used HWMonitor to check for high temperatures, everything was OK.

I have updated all of my drivers, dx, BIOS, OS updated, everything.

My latest error received is today, I was playing League of Legends, TeamSpeak was running in the background and Firefox with no additional videos or sounds.

Here is my latest error received: click here this is the text of the error:

Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem: BCCode: a0000001 BCP1: 0000000000000005 BCP2: 0000000000000000 BCP3: 0000000000000000 BCP4: 0000000000000000 OS Version: 617601 Service Pack: 1_0 Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\062114-16567-01.dmp C:\Users\Dario\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-33711-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online: click here the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline: C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

My PC Spec: i5-4440@ 3.10 GHz, 4GB DDR3 1600MHz, Gygabyte B85-HD3 MBoard, AMD Radeon R9 270x 2GB DDR5 BF4 edition.

I appreciate if someone could help me on this one because its getting very annoying.

Thank you! Darius

And If

rdave13 19:36 21 Jun 14

You card needs a minimum 180 Watts power input. Going through eXtreme Power Supply calculator and using a minimalistic requirement show that at the very minimum you need a 516 Watt PSU. I'll link to the page but I don't know if it will go back to default. If it does input your hardware and see what comes up. Then physically check your PSU rating inside the case. If ok then we'll have to thinks of something else.

click here

rdave13 19:38 21 Jun 14

Thought it would default so try this one, click here

Jollyjohn 19:40 21 Jun 14

Do you have onboard graphics? If so give it a try. If no better then it is not graphics card, possibly RAM, open up PC and swap RAM modules around.

Look at Graphics drivers - have they just been updated? try a roll back, updates don't always help.

bdariusc 10:04 22 Jun 14

Hello,

I have an on-board graphics from nVidia that came with the MB, but I disabled it from BIOS and uninstalled the drivers for it, only the R9 270x is active at the moment. I have only one RAM chip, the 4GB one that I`ve just tested with MEMTEST86+ and the Windows integrated Memory Test Tool and no errors appeared.

About the video drivers, I have been using various video drivers versions and with all I had problems, so.. I don't think it's the drivers ( I have the actual ones always ).

But... if Dave is right about the PSU... well, I have a 500 Watt PSU. In addition to my PC Spec I gave you, I have a ST1000DM ST1000DM003-1CH1 SCSI Disk Device HDD and a ASUS DRW-24F1ST a SCSI CdRom Device. Can I do something to limit the power usage? ( if that is the problem ) - eg. disable the CD-ROM if I'm not using it often or something else - so I don`t really buy another PSU.

Thanks for your replies, Darius

Jollyjohn 10:45 22 Jun 14

From OP "I`m having some problems with my PC for some time now and I don't seem to find a solution to this. I encounter random BlueScreens during my games and the OS error list points to my video card."

Have you tried using Onboard graphics? If the problem clears with Onboard then you know it is your graphics card. If the problem persists then we need to look elsewhere.

This could be a long process but the steps do need to be followed in order to pin down the issue.

Also have a look in Event Viewer - look for red warnings and see if they give any clues. Once you have had a look, clear all events, then if the PC blue screens again, once rebooted, go back to event viewer and see what is listed.

bdariusc 13:05 22 Jun 14

The on-board GPU is Intel HD Graphics 4600, I don't think it is as good as the R9 270x and I don't think I can play the games I play with the R9 one. I will give it a try though.

My PSU is Enermax NAXN 500W, I don't know if it's a cheap one or not.

I will do the Event Viewer thing in the future.

bdariusc 15:36 22 Jun 14

WhoCrashed said this:

On Sat 6/21/2014 4:45:09 PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\062114-16567-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0x28ECE) Bugcheck code: 0xA0000001 (0x5, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0) Error: CUSTOM_ERROR file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys product: ATI Radeon Family company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.). Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. CUSTOM_ERROR

On Sat 6/21/2014 4:45:09 PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0x28ECE) Bugcheck code: 0xA0000001 (0x5, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0) Error: CUSTOM_ERROR file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys product: ATI Radeon Family company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.). Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. CUSTOM_ERROR

Conclusion

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Well... this is the info provided by the app.

bdariusc 20:45 23 Jun 14

Any suggestions on this ?

Phoenix40 01:38 25 Jun 14

Hello ive been having similar problems for awhile with my computer blacking out mainly with a game when played online. I dont get the blue screen but it just blacks out. When i reset my computer the last time i have an Nvidia graphics card i noticed the computer installed its own drivers for that card. Even when i get a message asking me to upgrade my graphic card drivers; i notice if i manually ask the Nvidia control screen if i need to upgrade my card drivers it tells me they are already up to date. So i think its best to do that because like others have said keep installing up to date drivers does upset your computer ive learnt in the past. It just seems depending on Ram and other things it seems some software or watching things on the internet like streaming films can cause your card to overheat and close down. I just have to restart my computer again. Ive just had to do it with my game just now and just close the computer down with the front button and retart it and it should be fine. Hope this helps.

bdariusc 15:58 25 Jun 14

I looked at what you suggested MechKB 2, and I tried the most common idea found there, replacing the atikmpag.sys file that caused problems. Before I did that, I reinstalled the video driver.

I hope this solution helps, but I don't think it's a permanent solution but a temporary fix, because, in my opinion, this file can became corrupt in the future too, not only when the driver is installed, as said in most of the forums ( the atikmpag.sys file becomes corrupt during driver installation, later BSOD occurs ).

I shall see in the next days to come.

To all that replied: Thanks for your good intention and interest regarding my problem!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017