Blue Screen Help Please

Neo_0147 14:00 22 Apr 03

Hi, suually every other time I log on to my computer using win xp pro, as soon as I enter my password I get a blue screen and at the top it sometimes says that IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL thing at the tope or over had othet ones aswell. Then at the bottom it has mentioned sysaudio.sys and win32k.sys. They are both drivers of some sort but doesnt say what of. It just says 'Unkown Application' in proeprties.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your input

MAJ 14:37 22 Apr 03

sysaudio.sys is to do with your sound card. Which sound card do you have installed, Neo_0147?

win32k.sys is the device driver which "implements the Win32 graphics subsystem." "Shortly after win32k.sys starts it switches the screen into graphics mode.". Reference: click here

Try re booting your PC, press F8 and choose "Last known good configuration". See if that cures the problem.

Neo_0147 15:03 22 Apr 03

I have the soundblaster Audigy sound card with latest drivers off the creative website.

Any thoughts?

hoverman 15:11 22 Apr 03

I have had this error message but only now and again during a shut-down or restart. The message has not appeared - so far - since following the advice click here regarding the Virtual memory paging file. Not sure if it will work in your case but it will do harm in trying.

hoverman 15:13 22 Apr 03

I must read my replies thoroughly before posting them - the last bit should read "...do no harm in trying".

Neo_0147 15:34 22 Apr 03

haha thanks hoverman! in the end did you have to replace memory module?

hoverman 15:49 22 Apr 03

I did the paging bit first as this was easiest. Since the message has not reappeared in the last 3 days it looks as though my memory modules are not at fault.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…