Blue screen and Hardware Malfunction

the old man 20:37 28 Jul 05

About ten minutes ago I logged onto t'internet and got my e-mails as usual and suddenly I got the dreaded blue screen and the following message
*** Hardware Malfunction
Call your hardware vendor for support
***The system has halted ***
I have not changed anything on the system and my son said he had been playing tiger woods 2005 about 3/4 of an hour earlier and had no trouble. Anyone had a similar message as this does not compute to my brain which holds little knowledge.
athlon xp 2000, nvidia fx5200, 512mb ram, winxp (no sp2, hate it aaarrgghh).
Bit scared now that system may have serious problem.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:02 28 Jul 05

Have you rebooted and seen if the message returns?

If still same on normal reboot. then boot into safe mode (tap F8 after first screen) and disable harware in device manager until fault goes away you'll then Know which piece of equipment causes the failure.

the old man 10:25 30 Jul 05

After reboot all has been fine until about twenty minutes ago when I was checking euro lottery numbers via opera and I got the blue screen with no message. had to reboot twice to get system to work.
Hardware plugged up are canon scannor, epson r200, BB modem, MS KEYBOARD, Belkin mouse, then inside is jetway kt400, nvidia fx5200, 1 x 20gb hdd, 1 x 80gb hdd, 512 edo ram, onboard sound.
No conflicts in device manager, all antivirus, spyware, ccleaner and suchlike up to date.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…